Sunday, June 1, 2014

Dresses and graduations

Hello all,

I finally have my summer holiday after a very busy, exhausting and rewarding spring. And I still feel like I could fall asleep in the middle of sentence. We had a huge test (which I passed) a while ago and my lil bro graduated from high school. So this last month has been a little hectic, but I don't know if I ever told you that sewing is the best stress-reliever in the world and according to that motto I made a new dress for myself last thursday.
It is made up from two different patterns, the other pattern was from '99 and the other '09, isn't that funny? I modified a top pattern and a dress a pattern, added pockets and wider straps and shortened the hem. And I love my new dress :) I don't normally wear dresses so often, but this is probably s far the BEST dress I've ever made. The fabric is dotty cotton and the style is a little like in dresses from 1950s. I don't know if I should add bows or something like that. (And sorry about the bad picture, but I wanted to share this with you readers :) )


- Minttusuklaa

No comments:

Post a Comment